Ad Operations Manager
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a new media company focused on the people, power, and politics of the technology industry. Protocol will equip executives, investors, innovators, and policymakers with the reporting and insights they need to understand a world in rapid change.
We are seeking an Ad Operations Manager to join our growing team. The Ad Operations Manager plays an integral role in the activation, execution and analysis of advertising campaigns on Protocol's properties across platforms and channels. As Protocol grows, we have re-envisioned the way an advertising sales team engages with clients and agencies. Our team is composed of unique individuals from immensely diverse backgrounds in personal and professional experience. The candidate must demonstrate an interest in technology through the lens of media, publisher, or business.
What You'll Do:
- Apply strong understanding of advertising campaign best practices and Protocol products to ensure successful activation and fulfillment of client campaigns.
- QA creative assets and troubleshoot any technical and performance issues.
- Launch, monitor and optimize digital campaigns in Google Ad Manager, social media platforms, and through other ad servers.
- Analyze and report on advertising operations metrics including general performance to assess campaign effectiveness
- Assist with audience insights using multiple analytics platforms.
- Maintain runsheets, campaign pacing, and inventory forecasting reports.
- Liaise with editorial and other departments to ensure the seamless placement of all advertising.
- Assist with evaluation, implementation and administration of ad tech platforms.
- Other duties as assigned
What You'll Need:
- 2-3 years experience in ad operations, ideally at a publisher or media company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented and dependable when working on a team.
- Experience analyzing data to extract meaningful, actionable insights.
- Experience using Google's advertising platforms or comparable ad serving platforms.
- Experience using social media advertising platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- B.A./B.S. required.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators, and talent cultivators. Our culture is defined by positivity, optimism, diverse thought and background, grit, total integrity, and a prioritization on innovation and urgency.
We value each team member. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter, with the type of job you're seeking in the subject line, to email@example.com.
We're also hiring a senior director of strategic partnerships, a business development associate, a branded content producer, writers, editors, audio producers, an audience engagement expert, copy editors/web producers, and a data journalist. Learn more.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best journalism. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities