BulletinsSeptember 17, 2020
Amazon announced the first companies its climate fund is backing
Five companies are to receive the first round of funding from Amazon's $2 billion Climate Pledge Fund.
The Financial Times reports that the companies are:
- Redwood Materials, a startup founded by Tesla co-founder JB Straubel, which aims to extract lithium, cobalt and nickel from old smartphones.
- Rivian, the electric vehicle manufacturer that Amazon has previously invested in.
- Carbon Cure, which locks CO2 into concrete.
- Turntide Technologies, which makes efficient software-controlled motors.
- Pachama, which uses computer vision to monitor satellite imagery in order to assess the carbon offsetting commitments.