We’re looking for an Data Analyst who will work with audience data to convey actionable insights to internal stakeholders, helping Protocol better understand our readers and how they interact with our products. You will provide timely in-depth analysis, reports and recommendations to help the product, editorial and business teams make critical decisions. You are a strategic thinker who is excited to use data-driven insights to accelerate a fast-growing media start-up’s trajectory.
What you’ll do:
• Handle day-to-day data requests from stakeholders that range from analyzing reader behavior to product performance
• Create useful regular reports/dashboards to monitor KPIs and audience goals
• Pull, clean and manipulate data to turn raw numbers into actionable insights
• Present analysis and recommendations to stakeholders in a clear and visual format
• Use analysis to help make data-informed improvements to our products
• Own data analytics at Protocol and have a deep understanding of our readers, their behavior across platforms and how they engage with our products
What you’ll need:
• 2+ years in audience, product or editorial analytics
• Experience with data analysis and the ability to extrapolate insights from raw data
• Experience with web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics (preferred), Adobe Analytics, Parse.ly, Chartbeat, or similar products
• Experience with building dashboards in Google Data Studios and data viz tools
• Proficiency and applied experience with SQL
• Proficiency with Python/R preferred
• Ability to understand audience profiles and behaviors across platforms and products
• A strategic thinker with a deep understanding of digital media
• Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately with strong attention to detail
• Excellent presentation and writing skills
• A strong interest in tech
Reporting: This position reports to our head of digital.
Location: We prefer candidates in the San Francisco, New York and Washington, D.C., areas.
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Audience Analyst in the subject line, to email@example.com
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration and a growth mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, flexible paid time off in addition to paid holidays, as well as flexible hybrid work schedules and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best work. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.