A new report from GamesIndustry.biz cites former Twitch employees who accuse the company of failing to address serious workplace issues.
Among the allegations:
- One woman was verbally assaulted and spat on by a co-worker. "Her manager responded by asking her what she did to deserve it," the publication reports.
- Multiple women told GamesIndustry.biz that men at the company sexually and verbally assaulted them.
- HR reportedly did not address concerns, with one woman saying: "If you went to HR, that would just ruin you even more."
- Male staff are said to have slut-shamed female Twitch streamers, referred to them as "boob streamers," and not taken their concerns about harassment seriously.
- Staff had to "fight for a year to get the n-word on the global ban list," GamesIndustry.biz reports, and CEO Emmett Shear said the Ku Klux Klan should be allowed to stream on the platform.