Art and Design Director
Protocol is hiring an art and design director to steer Protocol's visual identity across the digital product.
What you'll do:
- Direct the design of Protocol's web pages, newsletters and other materials.
- Commission original illustrations and photography.
- Work with editors to create data visualizations.
- Work with product managers in designing user interfaces for our digital products.
What you'll need:
- Significant experience designing and art directing for a digital publication.
- Skills for identifying innovative approaches to visual storytelling.
- An entrepreneurial spirit to help build Protocol.
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to juggle long-term and short-term projects.
- Ideally, experience with UX design.
Reporting: This position reports to the Executive Editor and the President.
Location: San Francisco, Washington or New York City are preferred, but other locations will be considered.
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include "Art and Design Director" in the subject line.
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a new media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration, and a growth-mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best journalism. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.