Audience Engagement Editor (SF or NY)
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a new media company focused on the people, power and politics of the technology industry. Protocol will equip decision-makers and innovators in tech, legacy businesses and public policy with the reporting and insights they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We're hiring an audience engagement editor, based in San Francisco or New York.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You will have a passion for engaging with our readers, reaching new audiences, and pushing the boundaries of off-platform storytelling. You will be able to operate in a player-coach position — executing social media plans as well as developing off-platform strategies.
You are a strategist who can execute. You know how to build audiences on social media from the ground up. You are a great writer, and are comfortable representing the brand across all platforms. You are excited to experiment with new ways to reach readers. And you know the analytics tools to measure and evaluate engagement success.
The Audience Engagement Editor will:
- Develop social media strategies for all our editorial products.
- Manage social accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Create and execute strategies for off-platform distribution.
- Collaborate with journalists to develop engagement plans for special projects and stories.
- Use analytics tools to distill audience insights and help inform editorial strategy.
- Work closely with the head of digital to establish partnerships.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter, with the type of job you're seeking in the subject line, to email@example.com.
We're also hiring writers, editors, audio producers, copy editor/web producers, a data journalist, and business development experts. Learn more.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best journalism. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities