Branded Content and Experiences Producer (SF or NY)
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a new media company focused on the people, power, and politics of the technology industry. Protocol will equip decision-makers and innovators in tech, legacy businesses and public policy with the reporting and insights they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are seeking a driven Branded Content and Experiences Producer that will be responsible for strategy for the day-to-day editorial content and elements associated with all custom brand content client campaigns, and partnership executions. You will assist in conceptualizing, crafting, and producing the tactical editorial, design, and user experience elements of all custom brand content client projects across our team. The Branded Content and Experiences Producer will report to the Executive Director of Operations, working with teammates to ensure the seamless packaging and delivery of editorial and other content deliverables, feedback, and assets, and the successful end products that meet the needs and expectations of clients.
- Work with the partnerships and experiences teams to conceptualize content strategies for client programs, merging a client's brand messaging with the needs, habits, and desires of our audience.
- Lead the production of custom branded content experiences from concept to reality, managing content contributors and working closely with other team members to ensure the content meets the client's needs in context of the broader program.
- Draft editorial and creative briefs and interview questions for clients, among other key content deliverables for varying types of content experiences, including written, video, audio material, etc.
- Review and edit all assets and article drafts and any content submitted by contributors to ensure their work aligns with the original client campaign goals and Protocol's voice and style.
- Work with internal design/development teams to create engaging and successful digital content experiences.
- Package assets and editorial deliverables for assigned campaigns, including, but not limited to, article drafts, page designs, promotional assets, etc., for delivery to program managers. Ensure they are delivered on time to project managers.
- Support and help drive editorial and creative reporting and strategy portions of production calls with clients as needed, including the kick-off call, editorial, creative calls, review calls, etc.
- Lead the selection, securing, and day-to-day oversight of external vendors, leading vendor calls and brainstorms as creative and storytelling strategies are developed and executed.
- Research, track, and educate team members on the latest content and experience trends and competitor offerings identify opportunities to enhance or expand our existing portfolio of products and client solutions.
- Maintain and grow our branded Contributor's Network, building out a roster of high-performing and specialized content contributors and creators, including writers, developers, photographers, videographers, audio producers and hosts, etc.
The ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years of experience project coordinating in advertising or communications.
- Experience working with designers and developers. Knowledge of the DC market and policy landscape is helpful but not required.
- Exceptional attention to detail, while still working under tight deadlines.
- Top-notch skills in handling multiple, complex, concurrent projects.
- High level passion, leadership, and commitment to your area of expertise.
- Creativity and vision that brings concepts to reality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators, and talent cultivators. Our culture is defined by positivity, optimism, diverse thought and background, grit, total integrity, and a prioritization on innovation and urgency.
We value each team member. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter, with the type of job you're seeking in the subject line, to email@example.com.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best journalism. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities