Business Development Associate (SF/NY/DC)
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a new media company focused on the people, power, and politics of the technology industry. Protocol will equip decision-makers and innovators in tech, legacy businesses and public policy with the reporting and insights they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are seeking a Business Development Associate (BDA) to join our growing team. As a BDA, you will be an integral part of the revenue team identifying, contacting, and building proposals for future business partners. The revenue team will also rely on the BDA to keep Directors' pipelines moving and organized. From integrated campaigns to editorial sponsorships, custom content, live events, podcast and video partnerships and more, the BDA will be an important part of the team to find prospective partners to join us in building out the full suite of Protocol products. The BDA role is ideal for organized, goal-oriented candidates looking to develop valuable sales experience within a fast-paced environment.
- Identify and contact prospective clients using both in-bound leads and prospecting strategies, including cold-calling.
- Synthesize daily updates for key team members on tech industry news.
- Consistently update an organized and systematic process tracking outreach, meetings, and goals.
- Schedule quality visits with top-tier contacts through consistent and creative outreach.
- Coordinate meeting logistics and create meeting prep materials.
- Assist Directors throughout the evaluation process to assure prospective sponsors receive the highest quality service and have an optimal experience.
The ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years of professional experience, including internship and externship roles.
- Passion for technology, innovation, disruption, and storytelling.
- Appreciation for a fast-paced environment and expectations of a startup.
- An inherent need for organization, an eye for detail, and an eagerness to learn.
- An ability to think on their feet and make quick, crucial decisions under pressure.
- Experience using Salesforce, Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, Slack, and other core collaboration technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to multitask.
- A strong client-service ethic.
- A positive and optimistic attitude, and is a true team player.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators, and talent cultivators. Our culture is defined by positivity, optimism, diverse thought and background, grit, total integrity, and a prioritization on innovation and urgency.
We value each team member. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter, with the type of job you're seeking in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best journalism. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities