Digital Ad Operations Manager
Protocol is seeking an experienced Digital Ad Operations Manager. You will be responsible for executing the implementation of creative assets for digital advertising campaigns on multi-channel platforms, technical QA of ads individually and in relation to site compatibility, applied knowledge of ad-server delivery requirements, and campaign optimization analysis.
What You'll Do
- Execute and implement digital advertising campaigns to ensure accurate impression, performance, and revenue delivery.
- Coordinate with the Customer Success Team to obtain creative asset materials, and launch digital advertising campaigns.
- Have experience building custom advertising products (CMS and Photoshop knowledge).
- Execute trafficking of new campaigns to the ad-serving platform (GAM – Google Ad Manager). Review to ensure accurate scheduling details are included, and clarify any ambiguities.
- Paid social amplification of campaigns (Twitter, LinkedIn, GoogleAds, Facebook).
- Maintain pre- and post-launch QA process for all ads (third-party tags, custom/native creatives), ensuring that all ads meet creative specs and are tracked properly both internally in GAM and by external third parties.
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success Management teams to review, optimize, and ensure success of campaigns based on KPIs.
- Provide existing/historical AdOps perspective for program feedback during proposal process to generate compelling renewable advertising programs.
- Pull and analyze multiple platform reporting for campaign and site performance.
What You'll Need
- One to three years of experience with digital ad serving systems and trafficking
- Understanding of digital media, ad yield and online performance metrics.
- Experience using digital ad server (Google Ad Manager) digital platforms (Google Analytics, MailChimp), email/messaging tools (Outlook/Slack), work management tools (e.g., Asana), social media channels (Twitter, FB, LinkedIn), and custom creative builds (Creative suite/Photoshop).
- Proactive and strategic mindset, looking beyond day-to-day tactics to ensure achievement of broader goals.
- Strong analytical skills and uncompromising attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude, ability to build relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Intermediate level of Excel, including the ability to make and use pivot tables. Basic proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications required.
- Be a problem-solver, not a problem alerter.
Reporting: This position reports to the Director of Ad Operations
Location: San Francisco, Washington, D.C., or New York City
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include "Ad Ops Manager, Customer Success" in the subject line.
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration and a growth mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, flexible paid time off in addition to paid holidays, as well as flexible hybrid work schedules and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best work. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.