Digital Product Manager
Protocol is hiring a digital product manager.
As digital product manager, you will be working with the managing editor, digital strategy director and creative director to launch new features on our website, elevate our suite of newsletters, and drive the development and execution of future Protocol products.
The ideal candidate should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be highly collaborative, and exhibit a passion for building news products.
What you’ll do:
- Produce feature and functionality roadmaps and specs for all new product initiatives and shepherd them to completion on time and on budget
- Manage and evaluate third-party partners and relationships necessary for product development
- Collaborate across the business to align priorities, requirements and expectations
- Gather feedback to determine improvements and future iterations
- Report on key performance metrics including business goals, dependencies, budgets and timelines
- Ensure all product requests and tickets are fully defined and ready for internal or external technical teams to advance
What you'll need:
- Experience working in a product role (at a news/media organization preferred)
- A strong understanding of analytics and experience presenting key product metrics and outcomes
- Ability to produce product roadmaps, meet deadlines and manage budgets
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills
- A passion for solving problems and an interest in the tech industry
Location: We are a hybrid-remote company, with offices in San Francisco, New York and Washington, D.C. Right now, we're eligible to hire in the following states: Illinois, Indiana, California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey*, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington.
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with digital product manager in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protocol is focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion and collaboration.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best journalism. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.