Director, Content & Events
Protocol is seeking an experienced director of content and events. You will assist in conceptualizing, crafting and producing the content, design and experience of brand content projects and live and virtual events within Protocol's customer success group.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Customer Success and other business leadership to develop content strategies for customer programs, merging a customer's brand messaging with the needs, habits and desires of Protocol's audience.
- Organize and produce Protocol virtual and live events in collaboration with account managers, including coordination of speakers, logistics, prep and day-of execution.
- Lead the production of custom brand content experiences from concept to reality, managing content contributors and working closely with other team members to ensure the content meets the customer's needs in context of the broader program.
- Draft content, creative briefs and interview questions for customers, among other key content deliverables for varying types of content experiences, including written, video, audio, etc.
- Review and edit all assets and article drafts and any content submitted by contributors to ensure their work aligns with the original customer campaign goals and Protocol's voice and style.
- Package assets and content deliverables for assigned campaigns, including, but not limited to, article drafts, page designs, promotional assets, etc. for delivery to account managers.
- Upload and launch brand content within Protocol's content management system (CMS).
- Support and help drive content and creative reporting and strategy portions of production calls with customers as needed, including the kick-off call, content and creative calls, review calls, etc.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of experience project coordinating in advertising or communications.
- Experience organizing and producing events of different sizes.
- Exceptional attention to detail, while still working under tight deadlines.
- Highly skilled in handling multiple, complex, concurrent projects.
- High-level passion, leadership and commitment to your area of expertise.
- Creativity and vision that brings concepts to reality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to external and internal audiences. Knowledge of the tech market and policy landscape is helpful but not required.
- Learner mindset.
Location: We prefer candidates in the San Francisco, New York and Washington, D.C. areas but are open to other locations as well.
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Director, Content and Events in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration and a growth mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, flexible paid time off in addition to paid holidays, as well as flexible hybrid work schedules and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best work. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.