Protocol is seeking an experienced Director of Events. You will lead conceptualizing, crafting and producing virtual and live, in-person events within Protocol's customer success group.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Customer Success and other business leadership. In this role, you will be responsible for executing world-class events that: spotlight Protocol's editorial talent and reporting, engage our business, tech and policy audience, and deliver high-value brand visibility and thought leadership to Protocol customers.
- Lead production of virtual and live, in-person events from concept to reality, working closely with editorial and business team members.
- Coordinate all event-related activity, including: speaker prep, logistics, venue selection, catering, A/V production, and prep, day-of and post-event execution, in coordination with account managers.
- Drive audience development and event amplification, including creation of invitation lists and distribution, event marketing and social media amplification, in coordination with marketing and social media teams.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customers, driving event strategy, refining event concepts, developing interview questions, leading tech checks and delivering post-event performance reporting.
- Manage editing and production of live stream and pre/post-event video, including coordination of internal resources and external vendors.
- Manage event-related vendors, including live stream platform, video editing and on-site contractors.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in virtual and live, in-person event planning and production.
- Technical expertise in managing live stream event production.
- Experience working directly with clients and customers, providing the highest level of value and service.
- Experience organizing and producing events of different sizes.
- Exceptional attention to detail, while still working under tight deadlines.
- Highly skilled in handling multiple, complex, concurrent projects.
- High-level passion, leadership and commitment to your area of expertise.
- Creativity and vision that brings concepts to reality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to external and internal audiences. Knowledge of the tech market and policy landscape is helpful but not required.
- Learner mindset.
Location: We prefer candidates in the San Francisco, New York and Washington, D.C. areas but are open to other locations as well.
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Director, Events in the subject line, to email@example.com
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration and a growth mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, flexible paid time off in addition to paid holidays, as well as flexible hybrid work schedules and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best work. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.