Director Of Partnerships, Consumer Tech
Protocol is seeking an experienced Director of Strategic Partnerships with a passion for storytelling and innovation to join our dynamic and growing business team. This role will primarily be focused on building a portfolio of partnerships from consumer technology including social media, messaging, hardware, software, telecom, entertainment and gaming.
The Director will leverage a deep understanding of our audience and products to provide thoughtful, creative and consequential opportunities for brands to engage with our audience. The Director must craft insightful solutions for our customers.
Ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of the technology ecosystem as well as advertising market trends. We embrace individuals from immensely diverse professional and personal backgrounds in an effort to create a comprehensive and collaborative team that is driven to support not only our customers, but one another.
- Generate, close and lead integrated partnerships for a wide range of clients including Fortune 500 companies, startups, investment institutions and other organizations primarily in consumer technology, including social media, messaging, device manufacturers, telecom, entertainment and gaming.
- Generate leads and conceptualize partnerships leveraging our journalism platforms for brand storytelling.
- Maintain and grow existing client and agency relationships.
- Respond to RFPs with creative solutions.
- Stay on the forefront of industry trends.
- Facilitate the execution and optimizations of campaigns with the assistance of our Customer Success team.
- Continue to embody our successful brand presence in the market.
What You'll Need:
- 4-7 years of experience in sales, digital advertising, marketing or equivalent experience.
- Track record of reaching $1M+ annual goals with average deal size over $100K.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to be used in live and virtual presentations and written work.
- Passion for journalism and a respect for the art, science and creativity involved in journalism.
- Deep understanding of how owned, earned and paid media work together.
- Knowledge of the technology influencer market and the complex ecosystem that drive decisions within the C-Suite around innovation, disruption and technology.
- Creative thinking to develop proposals and solutions for prospects that respond to their needs while building off existing products.
- Ability to collaborate across departments and work closely with our marketing and editorial teams to balance the company's ambitions and editorial integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to multitask.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Learner mindset.
- Experience using Salesforce, Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, Slack and other core collaboration technologies.
Location: This position will be based on the West Coast, ideally in the San Francisco Bay Area or Los Angeles.
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Director of Partnerships, Consumer Tech in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration and a growth mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, flexible paid time off in addition to paid holidays, as well as flexible hybrid work schedules and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best work. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.