Director of Strategic Partnerships (SF/NY/DC)
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a new media company focused on the people, power, and politics of the technology industry. Protocol will equip executives, investors, innovators, and policymakers with the reporting and insights they need to understand a world in rapid change.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Strategic Partnerships with a passion for storytelling and innovation to join our dynamic and growing business team. The Director will leverage a deep understanding of our audience and products to provide thoughtful, creative, and consequential opportunities for brands to engage with our audience. The director must be entrepreneurial in spirit, with the ability to craft insightful solutions as we problem-solve for our clients. Ideal candidates will have a firm understanding of the technology and innovation ecosystem as well as advertising market trends. The ideal candidate will also be ambitious with an eye towards leadership, as this startup will be growing rapidly over the next several years and will look first toward its early hires for the potential to grow into managers and executives.
As our business team grows, we have re-envisioned the way a business development team engages with clients and agencies. We embrace individuals from immensely diverse professional and personal backgrounds in an ongoing effort to create a comprehensive and collaborative team that is driven to support not only our clients but one another.
This position may be based in Protocol's offices in San Francisco, New York, or Washington DC.
- Forge and lead integrated partnerships for a wide range of clients including Fortune 500 companies, startups, investment institutions, associations, coalitions, and non-profits.
- Conceptualize partnerships leveraging our journalism platforms for brand storytelling.
- Deep understanding of how owned, shared, earned, and paid media work together.
- Remain on the forefront of industry trends.
- Maintain and grow existing client and agency relationships.
- Respond to RFPs with creative solutions.
- Execute campaigns and analyze performance with the assistance of your dedicated account manager.
- Continue to embody our successful brand presence in the market.
The ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of experience in sales, digital advertising or marketing, or equivalent experience.
- A proven track record of reaching goals with average deal size over $250K.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, for presentations and written memos.
- A passion for journalism and respect for the art, science, and creativity involved.
- Knowledge of the technology influencer market and the complex ecosystem that drive decisions within the C-Suite around innovation, disruption, and technology.
- Creativity; can develop proposals and solutions for prospects that respond to their needs while building off existing products.
- The ability to collaborate across departments and work closely with our marketing and editorial teams to balance the company's ambitions and editorial integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask.
- A strong client service ethic.
- A positive and optimistic attitude, and is a true team player.
- Experience using Salesforce, Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, Slack, and other core collaboration technologies.
- Strong client service ethic.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators, and talent cultivators. Our culture is defined by positivity, optimism, diverse thought and background, grit, total integrity, and a prioritization on innovation and urgency.
We value each team member. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter, with the type of job you're seeking in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're also hiring a senior director of strategic partnerships, a business development associate, a branded content producer, writers, editors, audio producers, an audience engagement expert, copy editors/web producers, and a data journalist. Learn more.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best journalism. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities