Email production coordinator
Protocol is hiring an email production coordinator to work on our suite of newsletters.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic all-rounder, capable of doing production work on newsletters in Mailchimp and in our CMS, working with the data analyst to increase inbox reader engagement, and working cross-functionally to improve the reader experience.
You’ll essentially own our suite of newsletters from a production standpoint, which includes pulling reports and using data to help optimize our email sends as well as working alongside other product team members to deploy new email templates and bug fixes.
You'll have an eye for detail in digital formatting, familiarity with HTML, and pride in your ability to solve problems and hit deadlines. Oh, and you'll be fascinated by tech.
The email production coordinator will:
- Ensure newsletters are properly formatted and schedule their publication
- Work with editors on newsletter sends, proofreading and QA-ing newsletters sent to thousands of readers
- Track newsletter reader engagement metrics (subscriber growth, open rates, click through rates)
- Coordinate and align with our business and ad ops teams to ensure proper tagging and implementation of partnerships
- Manage inboxes, fielding and handling reader requests regarding subscription issues
- Work with digital strategy and marketing teams on A/B testing and newsletter experimentation
- Work with digital product manager and developer to deploy bug fixes
- Keep abreast of newsletter trends and formats
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience using Mailchimp or another email service provider
- Experience monitoring deliverability
- At least one year of previous email marketing or production experience
- A firm grasp on pulling reports and using data to inform future campaigns
- A keen eye for detail
- Killer organizational skills
- The ability to quickly master a new CMS
This role will report to the Digital Strategy Director.
We are a hybrid-remote company, with offices in San Francisco, New York and Washington, D.C. Though East Coast hours are preferred for this position, right now, we're eligible to hire in the following states:
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey*
- New York
- North Carolina
Salary range: $60,000-$65,000
To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with email production coordinator in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protocol is focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion and collaboration.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best journalism. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.