Newsletter Producer (SF)
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a new media company focused on the people, power, and politics of the technology industry. Protocol will equip decision-makers and innovators in tech, legacy businesses, and public policy with the reporting and insights they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We're hiring a newsletter producer in San Francisco work on our daily and weekly newsletters, as well as the breaking news section of our website.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic all-rounder, happy to do production work on newsletters in MailChimp, write up short breaking news items, and help our newsletter team research and report stories. You'll have an eye for detail in digital formatting, experience with HTML, and pride in your ability to write clean copy to tight deadlines. Oh, and you'll be fascinated by tech.
The newsletter producers will:
- Ensure newsletters are properly formatted and schedule their publication
- Write short items for newsletters and breaking news items for our website
- Help newsletter reporters with research and reporting
- Collaborate with editors in San Francisco, New York, and London
Our ideal candidates have:
- A keen eye for detail
- Confidence writing short, snappy news copy
- A hunger for helping us chase down news stories
- Familiarity with HTML and MailChimp
- A passion for tech and smart journalism
To apply, send a resume and cover letter, with the type of job you're seeking in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're also hiring writers, editors, audio producers, and business development experts. Learn more.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best journalism. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities