We're hiring an Operations Manager.
The Protocol Operations Manager will play a critical role in establishing and executing both internal- and external-facing strategies and processes necessary to grow Protocol in alignment with our mission and values. The Operations Manager portfolio will initially include three key areas: 1) internal operations; 2) talent and culture; 3) financial management support.
What You'll Do:
- Develop internal talent and culture initiatives to support the growing Protocol team
- Execute local community outreach that includes recruiting and tech/startup community events
- Onboard new team members to broader Protocol processes and support
- Oversee operational systems, processes and infrastructure across departments while looking for opportunities for improvement
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual metrics and reporting across departments and shares as directed with executives
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure seamless business execution specifically on customer financial invoicing and coordinating with back office on accounts payable and receivable
- Establish and maintain credible, professional relationships with customers, internal business lines, and external vendors and stakeholders
- Provide support to the President in all necessary activities/processes including internal and external scheduling, meeting follow-up and reporting
What You'll Need:
- Ability to be a brand ambassador of Protocol internally and externally
- High attention to detail, project management and organization skills to coordinate activities
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizing skills to coordinate project activities
- Ability to communicate with others effectively, internally and externally.
- Ability to conduct research for special projects, respond to timely inquiries and present written/ oral briefings
- Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations
Reporting: This position reports to the President.
Career Pathing: The future career path for this role could include Operations, Talent and Culture, Finance or Customer Success.
Location: Washington, D.C. area
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Operations Manager in the subject line, to email@example.com.
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a new media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration, and a growth-mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best journalism. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.