We're hiring a Product Manager to join our growing team!
As Product Manager, this person will collaborate with executives, researchers, journalists, business partners, and other digital product team members to drive forward the future product strategy, development, and execution of future Protocol products.
What You'll Do:
In this role, you will make an impact through the following responsibilities:
- Researching and development of product strategy and roadmap for new growth products.
- Producing feature and functionality roadmaps and specs for all new business critical product initiatives and shepherding them to completion on time and on budget.
- Evaluating and managing third-party products and relationships necessary for product development.
- Collaborating cross-functionally across the business to make certain that priorities, data, communication, and input are all clear and understood.
- Gathering feedback on products in use to determine improvements and future iterations
- Being keenly aware and reporting on key performance metrics including business goals, dependencies, budgets, and timelines.
- Ensuring all product requests and tickets are fully defined and ready for internal or external technical teams to advance.
What You'll Need:
Ideal candidate should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be highly collaborative, exhibit a passion for building media, content, and research products, and have the following qualifications:
- Experience working in a software development organization in media or content companies.
- A detail-oriented and collaborative approach to building product strategy and the ability to balance product delivery needs with more strategic big thinking.
- A strong understanding of reporting, analytics, and experience presenting and reporting key product metrics and outcomes.
- Experience with product roadmap and capacity plan.
- A flexible and pragmatic approach to team dynamics.
- Experience writing product specifications/tickets in Jira, or similar ticket-tracking tool
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of agile software development processes and metrics
- Expertise working with data analytics, performance, and/or reporting tools
- Attention to detail and the discipline to dig beyond the surface layer on problems
- A passion for solving problems and a strong belief in the Protocol mission
Reporting: This position currently reports to the President working closely with the Digital Team.
Location: Washington D.C. area preferred but open to candidates in all geographies.
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Product Manager in the subject line, to email@example.com
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a new media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration, and a growth-mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best journalism. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.