Product Manager, Protocol Intelligence
Protocol is building a new, multidimensional product team dedicated to building data products that uncover key global technology trends beyond just top-line narratives. A key initial area for Protocol | Intelligence is the impact China's tech has on the U.S. tech industry by mining Chinese-language information others have overlooked.
Protocol is seeking a full-time Product Manager to collaborate with executives, researchers, journalists, business partners and other digital product team members to drive forward the future data product strategy and roadmap.
In this role, you will make an impact through the following responsibilities:
- Researching and developing product strategy and a roadmap for new growth products.
- Producing feature and functionality specs for all new business-critical product initiatives and shepherding them to completion on time and on budget.
- Evaluating and managing third-party products and relationships necessary for product development.
- Collaborating cross-functionally across the business to make certain that priorities, data, communication and input are all clear and understood.
- Gathering feedback on products in use to determine improvements and future iterations.
- Being keenly aware and reporting on key performance metrics including business goals, dependencies, budgets and timelines.
- Ensuring all product requests and tickets are fully defined and ready for internal or external technical teams to advance.
What You'll Need:
- Experience working in a software development organization in media or content companies.
- A detail-oriented and collaborative approach to building product strategy and the ability to balance product delivery needs with more strategic big thinking.
- A strong understanding of reporting, analytics and experience presenting and reporting key product metrics and outcomes.
- Experience with product roadmap and capacity plan.
- A flexible and pragmatic approach to team dynamics.
- Experience writing product specifications/tickets in Jira, or similar ticket-tracking tool.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of agile software development processes and metrics.
- Expertise working with data analytics, performance and/or reporting tools.
- Attention to detail and the discipline to dig beyond the surface layer on problems.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit, be highly collaborative and exhibit a passion for building media, content and research products.
Location: We prefer candidates in the San Francisco, New York and Washington, D.C. areas but are open to other locations as well.
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Product Manager in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration and a growth mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, flexible paid time off in addition to paid holidays, as well as flexible hybrid work schedules and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best work. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.