Senior Account Manager, Customer Success
Protocol is seeking an experienced Senior Account Manager. You will lead strategy, management and execution of thought leadership and marketing campaigns for Protocol customers, ranging from Fortune 50 tech companies to fast growing startups.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Customer Success. In this role, you will be responsible for building strong relationships with Protocol customers, executing all aspects of partnership campaigns, and supporting them in effectively engaging with Protocol's influential tech, business and policy audience.
What you'll do:
- Build strong relationships with Protocol customers, ensuring campaign success and supporting upsell and partnership renewals.
- Manage all aspects of customer campaign execution, including brand content development, events, digital advertising, braintrusts and sponsorship of Protocol Manuals and Power Indexes.
- Provide strategic counsel and exceptional customer service, continuously seeking ways to optimize campaigns and solve problems before they arise.
- Collaborate with sales team to support a seamless handoff when onboarding new customers.
- Leverage CRM and workplace technology platforms to manage accounts, campaign performance and achievement of key milestones.
- Help shape and build Protocol's customer success and broader business team processes and culture.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
What You'll Need:
- Five to seven years of professional experience in account management and campaign execution in advertising, public relations, or communications (agency experience is a plus).
- Passionate about digital media, marketing and communications, and technology.
- Proactive and strategic mindset, looking beyond day-to-day tactics to ensure achievement of broader goals.
- Experience successfully developing and/or editing written content (e.g. op-eds, blog posts, press releases).
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills, bonus points if you have experience with programs such as Asana, Salesforce, Google Ad Manager, and other content management systems.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Reporting: This position reports to the Senior Director of Customer Success.
Location: San Francisco, Washington, D.C. or New York City
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Senior Account Manager, Customer Success" in the subject line.
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration and a growth mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, flexible paid time off in addition to paid holidays, as well as flexible hybrid work schedules and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best work. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.