Senior Director, Marketing
Protocol is seeking a Senior Director of Marketing to join Protocol's growing team. The senior director will lead the strategy, execution and optimization of campaigns to grow Protocol's audience of influential tech leaders, while also building a funnel of qualified leads for subscription and advertising products. Our team is composed of unique individuals from immensely diverse backgrounds, both personally and professionally. The candidate must demonstrate an interest in technology, business and leadership. We are looking for entrepreneurial candidates who want to help build an influential, growing tech media company.
Central to this role's success will be your ability to target and acquire stakeholder personas through multiple and creative channels, and to help achieve the publication's broader goal of forging and engaging influencer relationships around conversations on major issues at the nexus of tech, business and policy.
The ideal candidate would bring a mix of strategy, audience-first mentality and an obsessive focus on execution and optimization to help successfully steer our marketing and growth over the next several years.
- Build and execute a successful demand generation strategy to grow Protocol's specific audience by persona/title.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns aimed at specific tech industries, persona and product.
- Work closely with business and editorial leadership to shape priorities and goals.
- Manage and grow Protocol's marketing team and capabilities.
- Manage demand generation email marketing and social media efforts to grow Protocol audiences, subscribers and business prospects.
- Develop and execute a plan for marketing operations tools, including optimization of current and future budgeted resources.
- Analyze available data and lists to develop an audience of influential technology readers
- Complete competitive research to ensure Protocol is best of class in approach.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need:
- Seasoned professional with solid judgment and a proven track record; 7+ years marketing experience with performance or demand generation marketing experience preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Expertise with marketing platforms, e.g. Mailchimp, Salesforce and Google Analytics.
- Expertise with paid social media: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
- Experience with quantitative modeling in Excel and CSV files.
- Experience analyzing data to extract meaningful, actionable insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to multitask.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Learner mindset.
Location: We prefer candidates in the San Francisco, New York and Washington, D.C. areas but are open to other locations as well.
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Senior Director, Marketing in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration and a growth mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, flexible paid time off in addition to paid holidays, as well as flexible hybrid work schedules and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best work. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.