Senior Director, People
Protocol is seeking an experienced human resources professional to develop and lead Protocol's talent and culture team. This is an exciting opportunity to support not only the organization we are today, but the one we aspire to be as we grow. You will act as a champion driving our values and culture.
This position will report to the President and work closely with the Executive Editor, General Manager and other senior leadership.
- Oversee the talent management lifecycle including recruiting, onboarding, performance management, retention, recognition and career development.
- Prioritize a diverse and inclusive company culture by engaging in ongoing feedback, coaching and mentoring employees, and integrating key DEI principles in people business processes and policies.
- Develop and implement a process and tool to manage the talent acquisition process in close coordination with hiring managers.
- Develop and maintain performance management and performance review cycles.
- Provide confidential assistance to employees and managers including day-to-day performance and career management advice and facilitation.
- Develop and implement feedback tools to stay in touch and support all teams and individual team members.
- Support the team as we navigate change with growth and return to offices.
- Drive implementation and adoption of key people analytics to help drive thoughtful, data-driven people decisions.
What You'll Need:
- 8-10 years of experience in leading progressive people operations or a human resources function, preferably within a fast-paced, high-growth environment, with at least 3 years in a leadership supervisory position.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, skills and experience, including human resources certification (SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP or equivalent).
- Exceptional cultural competence and an evolved understanding of the manner in which diversity, equity and inclusion values influence best-in-class talent practices.
- Unwavering commitment to maintaining confidentiality in all matters.
- Strong coaching social skills and demonstrated success working with all levels in an organization.
- Ability to collaborate and provide strategic-level input to senior leadership and the ability to influence others at all levels of the business.
- Proven experience in handling highly confidential and sensitive matters.
- Experience managing business- and human resources-related computer applications.
- Current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws regarding human resources.
- Proven ability to drive results in an ambiguous and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Passion for continuous improvement.
Location: This position will be based in San Francisco or Washington D.C. area.
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Senior Director, People in the subject line, to email@example.com
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration and a growth mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, flexible paid time off in addition to paid holidays, as well as flexible hybrid work schedules and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best work. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.