Social Media Manager
We're hiring a social media manager.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the major social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. You will have a passion for engaging with readers, reaching new audiences, and pushing the boundaries of off-platform storytelling.
You are a great writer and are comfortable representing the brand across all platforms. You are excited to experiment with new ways to reach readers. And you know the analytics tools to measure and evaluate success.
The social media manager will:
- Manage social accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Develop and execute social media strategies for all our editorial products.
- Identify emerging social platforms and lead experimentation on them.
- Collaborate with editors and reporters to develop engagement plans for special projects and stories.
- Use analytics tools to distill audience insights and help inform editorial strategy.
- Work closely with the head of digital to establish and maintain partnerships.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience in managing multiple social media accounts
- A passion for digital journalism (tech journalism specifically a plus)
- The ability to use social media management platforms (Hootsuite, SocialFlow, Buffer, Later etc.)
- Proficiency with analytics tools (Google Analytics, Chartbeat or Parse.ly)
- Familiarity with photo editing software (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
This role reports to the Head of Digital Product.
Location: West Coast preferred but not a requirement.
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Social Media Manager in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a new media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration, and a growth-mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best journalism. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.