Social Media Producer
Protocol is hiring a social media producer.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the major social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. You have a passion for engaging with readers, reaching new audiences, and pushing the boundaries of off-platform storytelling.
You are an excellent writer and are comfortable representing the brand across all platforms. You're able to write with an engaging, relatable voice, translating sometimes complex tech stories into concise social posts that make sense. You are excited to experiment with new ways to reach readers. And you know which analytics tools to use to measure and evaluate success.
The social media producer will:
- Write copy for and help to manage social accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Help develop and execute social media strategies for all our editorial products, including Manuals, Power Index, events and surveys.
- Pitch appropriate stories to LinkedIn, Flipboard and other external referrers.
- Identify emerging social platforms and lead experimentation on them.
- Collaborate with editors and reporters to develop engagement plans for special projects.
- Use analytics tools to distill audience insights and help inform social strategy.
- Work closely with the head of digital and digital editor to establish and maintain partnerships.
Our ideal candidate has:
- At least one year experience managing social media accounts for a brand/publication
- Experience writing social copy, and the ability to infuse personality into social copy
- A passion for digital journalism (tech journalism is a plus!)
- Experience using social media management platforms
- Proficiency with analytics tools (Google Analytics, Chartbeat or Parse.ly)
- Familiarity with photo editing software (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) is a plus
This role reports to the Digital Editor.
Location: Our offices are in SF, NYC and DC; this role will be working West Coast hours.
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Social Media Producer in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration and a growth mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, flexible paid time off in addition to paid holidays, as well as flexible hybrid work schedules and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best work. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.