Web Developer / Front-End Developer
We're hiring a front-end developer to join our growing team!
Protocol is hiring a front-end developer to provide a world-leading experience to our readers. As Protocol's first in-house developer, you'll be responsible for building user-facing products that showcase Protocol's journalism and help executives in the technology industry stay abreast of what matters.
What You'll Do:
- Improve the Protocol reader experience, with work on different editorial and research products, including article pages, newsletter templates, analysis products (e.g. Manuals and Braintrust).
- Help turn our readers into subscribers, building and experimenting with conversion tools.
- Help identify requirements for and build out necessary integrations with data visualization tools.
- Conceive and develop new products that will power our premium subscription offering.
- Work with the editorial, advertising and external CMS teams to turn ideas into functional products, shaping them along the way.
- Establish Protocol's technical culture, setting up processes and ultimately growing the team further.
What You'll Need:
- User-centered design skills, and the ability to creatively solve design challenges.
- An ability to work with a variety of different teams, including non-technical journalists.
- A willingness to learn new things, quickly adapt and iterate.
- An interest in journalism and the business of technology is highly desirable.
Reporting: This position reports to the Head of Digital.
Location: West Coast preferred but not a requirement.
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Front-End Developer in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a new media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration, and a growth-mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best journalism. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.