Web Developer / Front-End Developer
Protocol is hiring a front-end developer to provide a world-leading experience to our readers. As Protocol's first in-house developer, you'll be responsible for building user-facing products that showcase Protocol's journalism and help executives in the technology industry stay abreast of what matters.
- Improve the Protocol digital experience, with work on different editorial and research products, including article templates, newsletters and analysis products.
- Collaborate with our Creative Director to bring new designs to life.
- Help build out necessary integrations with data visualization tools.
- Work with the editorial, advertising and tech teams to turn ideas into functional products and tools, shaping them along the way.
- Debug and fix site issues as they occur.
- Establish Protocol's technical culture, setting up processes and ultimately growing the team further.
What You'll Need:
- Ability to produce responsive designs across devices.
- Understanding of content management systems and email development.
- User-centered design skills, and the ability to creatively solve design challenges.
- An ability to work with a variety of different teams, including non-technical journalists.
- A willingness to learn new things, quickly adapt and iterate.
- An interest in journalism and the business of technology is highly desirable.
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Front-End Developer in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
From the publisher of POLITICO, Protocol is a media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration and a growth mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, flexible paid time off in addition to paid holidays, as well as flexible hybrid work schedules and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best work. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.