This week, we break down why Elon Musk is tweeting about the S&P 500's ESG rankings — and why he might be right to be mad. Then we discuss how tech companies are failing to prevent mass shootings, and why the new Texas social media law might make it more difficult for platforms to be proactive.
Then Protocol's Biz Carson, author of the weekly VC newsletter Pipeline, joins us to explain the state of venture capital amidst plunging stocks and declining revenues. Should founders start panicking? The answer might surprise you.
And finally, we discuss an important question: Is Polaroid a high-tech camera company?
For more on the topics in this week's episode:
- Elon is mad about ESG ratings. He has a point.
- 'We’ll be here again': How tech companies try and fail to prevent terrorism
- Tech companies are under investigation for their role in the Buffalo shooting
- Social media’s legal foundation just crumbled in Texas. Here’s what’s next.
- So long, easy money
- The 'new normal' in startups was never normal
Subscribe to our daily Source Code newsletter to stay up to date on everything you need to know about the tech industry.