This week on the Source Code podcast, Shakeel Hashim comes on the show to talk about GameStop's craziest week ever: what it means that Reddit seems to run the stock market, whether Robinhood can survive the chaos, what regulators might be looking into and what to do about the fact that Elon Musk can tweet anything into existence. Then, Issie Lapowsky joins to talk about the first five decisions made by the Facebook Oversight Board, and what they tell us about its plans going forward — and what it might do about Donald Trump.
For more on the topics in this episode:
- A rough timeline of the GameStop saga
- What really happened to Robinhood
- An interview with u/DeepFuckingValue
- A good profile of WallStreetBets
- Issie on the Facebook Oversight Board's decisions
- Issie on the board's Trump plans