This week on the Source Code podcast: First, an update on Google's user-tracking change. Then, Ben Pimentel joins the show to discuss Square buying Tidal, and what it means for the fintech and music worlds. Later, Emily Birnbaum explains the bill moving through the Arizona legislature that has Google and Apple worried about the future of app stores. And finally, Janko Roettgers discusses Microsoft Mesh, the state of AR and VR headsets, and when we're all going to be doing meetings as holograms.
For more on the topics in this episode:
- Jack Dorsey is so money: What Tidal and banking do for Square
- Apple and Google lobbyists are swarming Arizona over a bill that would reform the app store
- Virginia becomes second state with comprehensive privacy law
- Microsoft's master plan for consumer AR: Start with the plumbing
- How Microsoft could beat Facebook in AR