Strategic Partnerships Director
We are seeking an experienced Director of Strategic Partnerships with a passion for storytelling and innovation to join our dynamic and growing business team. The Director will leverage a deep understanding of our audience and products to provide thoughtful, creative, and consequential opportunities for brands to engage with our audience. The Director must be entrepreneurial in spirit with the ability to craft insightful solutions as we problem-solve for our clients.
This role will primarily be focused on building a portfolio of partnerships from enterprise technology companies including cloud computing, storage, networking, security, SaaS, and enterprise software. Ideal candidates will have a firm understanding of the technology and innovation ecosystem as well as advertising market trends. The ideal candidate will also be ambitious with an eye towards leadership, as this startup will be growing rapidly over the next several years and will look first toward its early hires for potential to grow into managers and executives.
What You’ll Do:
- Forge and lead integrated partnerships for a wide range of clients including Fortune 500 companies, startups, investment institutions, and other organizations primarily in enterprise technology including cloud computing, storage, networking, security, SaaS, and enterprise software.
- Conceptualize partnerships leveraging our journalism platforms for brand storytelling.
- Maintain and grow existing client and agency relationships.
- Respond to RFPs with creative solutions.
- Stay on the forefront of industry trends.
- Facilitate the execution and optimizations of campaigns with the assistance of our best-in-class Customer Success team.
- Continue to embody our successful brand presence in the market.
What You'll Need:
- Experience in sales, digital advertising, or marketing.
- Track record of reaching goals with average deal size over $100K.
- Communication Skills: excellent oral and written communication skills to be used in presentations and written memos.
- Deep understanding of how owned, earned, and paid media work together.
- Knowledge of technology influencer market and complex ecosystem that drive decisions within the C-Suite around innovation, disruption, and technology.
- Creative thinking to develop proposals and solutions for prospects that respond to their needs while building off existing products.
- Ability to collaborate across departments and work closely with our marketing and editorial teams to balance the company's ambitions and editorial integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to multitask.
- Strong client service ethic.
- Positive and optimistic attitude. A true team player.
- Experience using Salesforce, Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, Slack, and other core collaboration technologies.
We know there are great candidates who might not check all these boxes or who possess important skills we haven’t thought of. We value career experiences that include nontraditional pathways including education, breaks and transitions. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
We are a hybrid-remote company, with offices in San Francisco, New York and Washington, D.C. Right now, we're eligible to hire in the following states: Illinois, Indiana, California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey*, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington
$105,000-$120,000 base and $85,000 bonus commission (dependent on experience)
Apply: To apply, send a cover letter and resume, with Strategic Partnerships Director in the subject line, to email@example.com
Protocol is a media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech — arming decision-makers in tech, business and public policy with the unbiased, fact-based news and analysis they need to navigate a world in rapid change.
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators and talent cultivators. Our organization is defined by our values of fairness, integrity, inclusion, collaboration and a growth mindset.
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, flexible paid time off in addition to paid holidays, as well as flexible hybrid work schedules and opportunities for career development.
Protocol believes a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to do our best work. We welcome inquiries from people of all backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.