TikTok appointed the first members to its Content Advisory Council.
Chaired by Dawn Nunziato, a professor at George Washington University Law School, the council will "provide unvarnished views on and advice around TikTok's policies and practices," Vanessa Pappas, TikTok's U.S. general manager, said.
Also on the council:
- Rob Atkinson, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
- Hany Farid, University of California, Berkeley Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences and School of Information
- Mary Anne Franks, University of Miami Law School
- Vicki Harrison, Stanford Psychiatry Center for Youth Mental Health and Wellbeing
- David Ryan Polgar, All Tech Is Human
- Dan Schnur, USC Annenberg Center on Communication and UC Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies