The Biden Administration set an ambitious climate goal: cutting carbon emissions in half by 2030. That prospect is looking less likely, experts say, and this week we discuss why — and where we go from here.
Then Protocol reporter Kate Kaye joins the podcast to explain what it means to open-source an algorithm, and why Elon Musk might run into challenges if he tries to spill Twitter's secret sauce to the public. Kate also teaches us the meaning of the cursed phrase "algorithmic disgorgement" and how the FTC is using it to police tech companies.
And finally, we answer a critical question: Are sleeping bag shoes tech?
For more on the topics in this week’s episode:
- Bloomberg: President Biden’s Climate Ambitions Are All But Dead
- Biden is bailing out nukes. He’ll need to do that and more.
- Manchin calls EV tax credit expansion 'ludicrous'
- The FTC’s 'profoundly vague' plan to force companies to destroy algorithms could get very messy
- The FTC’s new enforcement weapon spells death for algorithms
- The eve of 'algorithmic destruction'?
- Is it tech? Teva sleeping bag shoes
Don’t forget to smash the subscribe button for our Source Code newsletter to stay up to date on what’s happening in tech.