On this episode of the Source Code podcast: Nick Statt joins the show to discuss the rise of Wordle, the subsequent rise of the Wordle clones, and why it’s so easy to copy a game. Then Ben Pimentel chats about the fight over Web3, why Jack Dorsey and Marc Andreessen are at odds, and the killer app for the future of the web. Finally, Allison Levitsky explains some of the big new future-of-work trends, including the four-day workweek and dog-walker perks.
For more on the topics in this episode:
- Nick Statt on Twitter
- There are scores of Wordle clones on iOS because of course there are
- The maker of Grand Theft Auto just bought Zynga in the biggest game deal in history
- Ben Pimentel on Twitter
- Jack Dorsey wants to help bitcoin developers fight legal battles
- The crypto-communists behind the Web3 revolution
- When Web3 looks more like Web 2.0
- OpenSea puts Web3’s decentralized nature to the test
- Allison Levitsky on Twitter
- Tech's big new ideas about work
- Dog walkers and housekeepers: What perks should you pay for when offices reopen?
- Is mastering your emotions the key to tech leadership?